We’ll be holding drawings for a variety of prizes for everyone who participates in the Great Glasses Play Day (where ever or how ever you celebrate). We’ve asked some of the wonderful people who are providing prizes to post this week. - Ann Z
Hello from Artterro! In honor of the Great Glasses Play Day, we wanted to use our beautiful Artterro eco art kits to make some glasses for some friends of ours who just found out they get to wear glasses. What do you think? Don’t they look great in their glasses? If you’d like to make some of your own, read on…
What you’ll need:
- Jewelry wire or pipe cleaners (about 1 foot long for most small stuffed animals and dolls)
- Needle-nosed pliers
- Decorative beads optional
This is a quick and easy project for kids, but help from parents might come in handy. Follow the next five easy steps to learn how to make your first pair!
- Choose your furry friend that needs a pair of glasses. This will help you decide how much wire you’ll need.
- Use the pliers to bend the very end of the wire into a small loop.
- Determine the size of the temple area (from the ear to the eye). Bend the wire at a 90 degree angle.
- Make a loop that represents the first lens of the glasses.
- Determine the size of the bridge (above the snout) for your animal, and make another loop to represent the second lens. Then bend the wire at another 90 degree angle for the other temple. Measure it to your animal’s head and cut the wire where it meets the ear. Make another little loop at the end of the wire.
Hooray! Now our furry friends can see perfectly, plus they look even cuter than before.
Stay tuned here on the Great Glasses Play Day website for a giveaway of one of our great eco art kits next week!
For more info about Artterro, go to www.artterro.com.